Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) is about creating shared value, as the nature of our business means we have a relatively light environmental footprint. To manage our ESG impact we conducted an ESG materiality analysis, involving both internal and external stakeholders. The outcome of this exercise was to provide nine key ESG focus areas in order of relevance. These focus areas were then also aligned with the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Flow Traders Foundation
We believe it is important for us to back initiatives that contribute to society. In April 2020, we formalized our efforts and created the Flow Traders Foundation.
ESG Focus Areas
- 1. Business integrity - for Flow Traders this means conducting business within a framework of laws and regulations, high ethical standards, respecting human rights and our own policies and procedures.
- 2. Liquidity in financial markets - Flow Traders ensures the provision of liquidity to support the uninterrupted functioning of financial markets under all market circumstances.
- 3. Good corporate governance - pursuing the highest standards of good corporate governance to make sure we take actions that have a beneficial effect on all our stakeholders.
- 4. Diversity and inclusion - pursuing a diverse and inclusive business and for Flow Traders it implies being a truly equal opportunity employer, by recruiting, retaining and promoting people based on merit, and merit alone Click Here.
- 5. Sustainable employment - creating and sustaining an environment where colleagues are able and willing to remain working for Flow Traders by offering high-quality jobs, developing talent in-house, maintaining a substantial employee shareholder base, sharing success with employees through our remuneration policy.
- 6. Fair taxation - we follow the principle that tax should follow the business and consequently Flow Traders pays taxes where profits are earned in accordance with domestic and international tax legislation.
- 7. Societal commitments and charities - supporting charitable initiatives and engaging in community giving, not only financially but also by offering access to our knowledge and experience; predominantly via the Flow Traders Foundation which was established in 2020.
- 8. Stakeholder engagement - engaging with stakeholders that may be affected by decisions and giving stakeholders the opportunity to influence decision making processes through extensive stakeholder dialogue.
- 9. Carbon emissions, material use and waste - reducing the amount of carbon we emit through energy consumption and travel as well as reducing the amount of materials we use and waste at our offices which consists of stationary products and general household waste.
Sustainable Development Goals
Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all.
Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls.
Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all.